I’m sharing some Chocolate Recipes, and I would love to share yours with the world of Missing Pieces, and beyond.
Those of you who know me well, know there is nothing that melts my taste buds more than sinking my teeth into a piece of dark chocolate. In fact, you could dip just about anything in dark chocolate, and I would eat it – and I’m not kidding!
Just like chocolate sends my taste buds into overload, life sometimes send us into overload. As Forrest Gump would say, “Life is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you’re going to get.”
See the box of chocolates above. It’s on the delicious-looking back cover of my newest Bible study – Missing Pieces: Real Hope When Life Doesn’t Make Sense. Yummy looking, huh?
While the chocolate in the picture, doesn’t have a lot of substance, I can assure you the Bible Study does.
But just for fun, let’s share some Chocolate Recipes.
Share yours in the comment area below, or send my girl Val an email at email@example.com. Our recipe “book” will be one of 7 freebies listed on the pages of the Missing Pieces Bible Study Memberbook.
Do you have any spectacular chocolate recipes?… Let me fill my recipe book with them.
Oh, I can feel my mouth watering already. Can’t wait to try your recipes!
Anti-Hot Flash Frozen Chocolate Pie
Perfect for all of us menopausal women
1 (6.0 oz.) HERSHEY’S Milk or Dark Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces (I prefer dark and any brand will do!)
1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 crumb crust (6 oz.) (I prefer chocolate crust)
– Place candy bar pieces in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM power for 1 minute or until chocolate is smooth when stirred.
– Cool slightly.
– Fold whipped topping into melted chocolate; spoon into crust. Cover; refrigerate 6 hours or until firm. Garnish with chocolate shavings or raspberry syrup or more chocolate syrup or ANYTHING ELSE CHOCOLATE!
– Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. Hide pie in back of fridge where no one else can find it. Eat a big slice whenever you begin to flash!
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
This is a quick way to get your chocolate fix! It’s warm, gooey, fun and quick! Not to mention a fun and creative way to serve up some chocolate!
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Microwave Safe)
– Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
– Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
– Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
– Place your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
– The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
(This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
Ice Cream Coffee Punch
A favorite of mine to serve for a shower or brunch!
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1 cup boiling water
2 quarts milk (use whole milk)
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 quart chocolate ice cream softened
– Combine sugar and coffee in small bowl; stir in boiling water until dissolved.
– Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
– Just before serving punch, pour coffee mixture into a 1 gallon punch bowl. S
– Stir in milk and ice cream, stirring until melted.
Yields about 1 gallon
What chocolate recipes do you love? Leave a comment here.