Part 1: Venice, Pisa, & Florence
Part 2: Assisi & Rome
Part 3: Pompeii, Sorrento, & Amalfi
Hey 4:13ers! I’m back from Italy, and as promised, here are a few audio pictures from the trip so you can experience it with me! But there was so much I wanted to share that I had to break it up into three BONUS episodes.
You’ll get to come with me to Venice, Pisa, and Florence, and then we’ll head over to Assisi and Rome before wrapping up the trip in Pompeii, Sorrento, and Amalfi.
Doesn’t that sound fun?!
Well, if this is your first time listening to my audio pictures, let me explain what they are…
Since I’m blind and can’t enjoy visual pictures of my trips, I take audio pictures, which are simply audio recordings of a place, moment, or memory I want to capture. Then as I listen to that voice memo later on, I can picture it in my mind’s eye.
It’s my way of flipping through the photo album and revisiting that special moment in time.
So, as you listen to these audio pictures, you’ll get to experience the trip the way I did. These snapshots will immerse you in the surroundings and help you soak up some of the rich, Italian culture.
And since Italy is such a beautiful, sensory-rich country, it’s the perfect way for us to experience it together.
As you listen to the podcast, follow along on the itinerary or check out the photos and videos I posted from the trip. You’ll find everything you need below, including a list of my must-have travel gear.
Are you ready? Italy … here we come!
- Walking tour of Venice including St. Mark’s Square with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Stop at a local farm in the Tuscan countryside for wine tasting and local specialties
- See Pisa’s Piazza dei Miracoli with its famous Leaning Tower
- Explore the Renaissance city of Florence with a guided walking tour
- Visit the 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco in Assisi
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and Michelangelo’s incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Historic tour of Ancient Rome including the Roman Forum and the Colosseum
- Travel past the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius to visit Pompeii, the city frozen in time
- Stay on the Sorrento Coast with its panoramic views of the azure-blue Gulf of Naples
- Experience the alluring Amalfi Coast, adorned with whitewashed villas, cliffs terraced with lemon groves, and sparkling turquoise waters
Photos, Videos and More
- See photos and video clips of my trip on Instagram
- Want to go to Italy? Plan your trip with Gate 1 Travel
- Foldable Neck Fan
- Small USB-Powered Travel Fan
- Supergoop! Skin Tone Matching Sunscreen
- Supergoop! Body Glow Oil With Sunscreen
- Tide Liquid Travel Sink Packets
- Breathable Hoodie Jacket with Sun Protection
- Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug
- Metal Pill Organizer Keychain
- TACH Connectable Luggage
- Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to the 4:13 Podcast here.
- Were you encouraged by this podcast? Reviews help the 4:13 Podcast reach more women with the “I can” message. Click here to leave a review on iTunes.