Have you ever been asked, “What would you say to your younger self?” Sister, I have!
In fact, I was just asked this recently while speaking at a local college. And, as I responded, do you know what I realized? The things I didn’t know as a younger woman are the same things I’m still learning as a maturing one.
Chances are it’s the same for you. What you would say to your younger self might be exactly what you’re dealing with today.
So, on this episode of the 4:13 Podcast, I spill the beans on what I wish I had known earlier in life. You’ll hear me tell myself:
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. Be patient with yourself.
- You are who God made you to be. You don’t have to prove yourself.
- Sweet girl, develop some habits.
- Laugh more.
- Imagine that everybody likes you.
- Live the lessons you want to learn.
You’ll also learn how you can create your own personal crest, as well as hear these things KC would tell his younger self:
- Love others like Jesus no matter how they treated me.
- Spend more time reading the Word than on social media.
- Kill shame once and forever because it haunts me.
- Deny the lust of my flesh in every area.
- Extend the same grace to others that Jesus has extended to me.
- Forgive other people faster when they offend me.
- Live biblically correct to honor God and stop worrying about being politically correct and pleasing people.
Friend, you’ll laugh, probably nod in agreement, and gain practical encouragement on how it’s never too late to start living the lessons you want to learn. Because remember no matter what age you are, you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength.
Books and Bible Studies by Jennifer Rothschild
- Me, Myself, & Lies: What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
- Me, Myself, & Lies for Young Women: What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
- Me, Myself, & Lies: A Thought Closet Makeover Bible Study
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Coat of Arms Symbols and Meanings
- Designing Your Own Family Crest
- Meaning of Heraldic Colors for Your Custom Coat of Arms
- Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to the 4:13 Podcast here.
- Were you encouraged by this podcast? Reviews help the 4:13 Podcast reach more women with the “I can” message. Click here to leave a review on iTunes.
What would you say to your younger self?