Well, I’m sipping my green tea while I pop raw almonds in my mouth. And I can’t wait for you to join me behind the scenes! I’m getting healthy with help from NBA Life Optimization Coach and best-selling author, David Nurse.
Finally, after about six weeks, I think things are beginning to change for the better!
Here’s what I’ve been doing:
- Walking on the treadmill five days a week. I will often spend an hour because I use my laptop desk. I get between 20 and 30 minutes of cardio work out in. The good thing is, it also helps me get 10,000 steps a day!
- Modifying my eating. I decided to eliminate anything white (rice, bread, sugar, potatoes, pasta … you get the idea). I still eat my 32 Ghirardelli chocolate chips. Plus, I have the occasional Halo Top Vanilla Bean ice cream.
Now I have finally started to see some progress. I have less of a muffin top—it’s moved from a thunder muffin to a mini muffin!
And, I am actually enjoying my time on the treadmill working on my laptop desk. It’s private, focused, and I feel like I am not just stuck in my desk chair.
But, I really want to get a bit more tone. Okay, a lot more tone! My arms keep waving long after I stop! I also still have quite a few more pounds to go to reach my goal by December 1. So, in this coaching call, I planned to ask David about weights and toning up.
And, that’s exactly what he planned to suggest to me! It was a great conversation and, in it, you’ll hear how much weight I lost! So, here are the four keys to keep losing weight that David shared with me.
4 Keys to Losing Weight
- Avoid pasta and bread. Other carbs such as rice and potatoes are not bad, but eat them after you work out.
- Eat a high level of protein. It will help you ignite fat burners and lose weight. It will also keep you satisfied and satiated so you won’t have crazy cravings.
- Lift weights. This will help improve your bone density and help you burn fat. Use lighter weights and do higher reps. Do three sets of 15 to 20 reps, three times a week.
- Don’t beat yourself up when you blow it. Nothing is 24 hours. You can always try again and make up for a splurge by eating less the next day.
So, onward we go, 4:13ers, fueled by God’s grace and some Halo Top ice cream! Small pivots make for great progress!
I will check back in soon with the next behind the scenes. Next time, we will cover macros versus micros and how to determine your BMR.
More from David Nurse
- Visit David’s website
- Pivot & Go: The 29-Day Blueprint to Redefine and Achieve Your Success
- Follow David on Twitter and Instagram
- Behind the Scenes: Jennifer Gets Weight Loss Help From NBA Life Coach David Nurse
- Behind the Scenes: Jennifer Gets Weight Loss Help But Hasn’t Lost Any Weight Yet!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
If you’re here from Can I Get Unstuck from the Fear That Holds Me Back? With Jennifer Allwood [Episode 110]…