Friend, this is a behind-the-scenes episode on getting healthy that is way behind!
I’m so behind because I’ve been in a sugar coma! Well, not literally, but let’s just say, I’ve been loving the sweets. I have really been struggling with this getting healthy.
I was doing so well for so long … and then the holidays happened.
So, I’m letting you hear my conversation with NBA Life Optimization Coach and best-selling author, David Nurse, from early December before I blew it because it was super helpful.
It would have been even more helpful if I had applied it. But, I’m keeping it real with you.
I didn’t keep up with David’s advice. Instead, I ate Christmas cookies, Christmas candy, Christmas casseroles, and just about anything I wanted to.
And, you know what happens with that, right? We crave what we eat. So, I kept eating all the bad stuff with no boundaries.
I also got off the treadmill, and now have gained back some of the weight. Ugh.
But, I am picking up the weights and back on the treadmill and trying to apply what I learned from this conversation.
So, I hope it will help you, too, as you listen in. Here are a few highlights and takeaways for you.
My To-Do List From David
- Implement weight lifting.
- Determine my base metabolic rate.
- Come up with a macro game plan.
Some Takeaways for You
- Find your BMR by using the Harris-Benedict Formula. Your BMR is how many calories you burn at rest. I found out my BMR is 1700, so I am on track to up my protein and fat and reduce my carbs. I need to eat about 1600 calories as my daily goal. David suggested I can increase my weights to increase my BMR.
- Download My Fitness Pal App. To keep up with your macronutrients, let the app help you out! I’m trying to eat 40 percent protein, 40 percent healthy fat, and 20 percent carbs. If you’re less active, David suggests you go higher protein. I’m also adding weights into this to help develop more lean muscle and burn fat. I’ve got a set of weights by my desk and in my kitchen so they are easier to pick up and lift.
Well, I am back on track with weights in my hands and hope in my heart. Here we go!
Check out the other behind-the-scenes episodes if you want to start this journey with me from the beginning.
- Behind the Scenes: Jennifer Gets Weight Loss Help From NBA Life Coach David Nurse
- Behind the Scenes: Jennifer Gets Weight Loss Help But Hasn’t Lost Any Weight Yet!
- Behind the Scenes: Jennifer Gets Weight Loss Help and Is Finally Losing Weight
More from David Nurse
- Visit David’s website
- Pivot & Go: The 29-Day Blueprint to Redefine and Achieve Your Success
- Follow David on Twitter and Instagram
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Plus, you can join me for my full 4:13 Podcast episodes! Each week, you’ll get biblical encouragement as we answer a question about how to live the “I Can” life of Philippians 4:13. Go here to listen to the latest episodes.