Depression. It’s something I get asked lots of questions about both online and at my conferences—and, sister, it’s also something I have experienced.
Several years ago, I was traveling the country, teaching the Bible, and speaking of God’s peace and goodness, but privately I was battling depression. For me, it was a rough year full of questions, discontent, and despair.
So, on this episode of the 4:13 Podcast, I spill the beans about depression.
If you’ve ever attended one of my Fresh Grounded Faith women’s events, you know that my guests and I always “Spill the Beans” during one of the sessions. We take the stage with a stack of your questions and answer them unplanned and unrehearsed.
And, that’s exactly what I do in this episode. I’ve pulled a bunch of your questions about depression and I didn’t pull any punches! You asked, I answered. It’s unrehearsed, unplanned, and unplugged.
Here are a few of the questions you’ll hear answered:
- Is it unbiblical to be on medication?
- What should you say when someone is depressed? I don’t want to over-spiritualize or minimize. But I have no clue.
- What was your greatest fear when you went through depression?
- How can you find motivation each day when you’re depressed? I just want to hide in my house, and I know I shouldn’t.
- How did you find courage to share? I feel ashamed, don’t want to be judged. Or get labeled.
So, buckle up and let’s get honest so we can get free.
Because, sister, no matter how you feel or what you face today, you really can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
Events with Jennifer Rothschild
Books and Bible Studies by Jennifer Rothschild
- God Is Just Not Fair: Finding Hope When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Missing Pieces: Real Hope When Life Doesn’t Make Sense Bible Study
Links Mentioned in This Episode
While we don’t get to provide a transcript for every episode, we are today. I thought some of you may want to see more than a list of the questions KC asked me. So, in case you can’t listen for some reason, here is the full transcript for this episode.
- Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to the 4:13 Podcast here.
- Were you encouraged by this podcast? Reviews help the 4:13 Podcast reach more women with the “I can” message. Click here to leave a review on iTunes.
If you could ask me anything for a future episode of “Spill the Beans,” what would it be?